Tuesday 14 January 2014

Yummy Moist Chocolate Cake

I have made this amazing wheat free chocolate cake before, it is so moist and delicious.  This time I have varied it slightly to try and make it a bit more healthy.

Emma's version of Red Kidney Bean Chocolate Cake


 

 

 

 

Ingredients


1 Can of red kidney beans (420g) I use my own from the freezer that I have previously soaked and cooked.
1 egg
1 tablespoon of water or coffee
1 tablespoon of vanilla
Put all the above ingredients into a food processor and process until smooth.  In a mix master bowl place the following ingredients  and beat them together:
200g dextrose
5 eggs
1/2 cup of light olive oil
Once they are light and fluffy add in the red kidney bean mixture. Beat or mix to combine. Then fold in the following ingredients and mix well:
80g of cocoa powder
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of bicarb soda

Pour the mixture into a lined spring form cake tin and bake for approximately 50 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius. When cooked it will pull away from the sides a bit. Remove from oven.  It will contract slightly as it cools.
Serve with yoghurt.  Delicious.

Notes

Now most people sift their cocoa, and that is a very good idea.  I am a lazy cook so I rarely sift mine.  I do get a few lumps of cocoa in my finished cake, but I prefer to think of them as unsweetened chocolate chips.

This cake turns out very moist and the kidney beans are not noticeable in the finished cake.  It is very chocolatey and tastes far more wicked than it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment