Monday 16 April 2007

Mackay


 





The next stop on our trip was a visit to family in Mackay.  This gave us another chance to stay in a house and a bit of rare privacy for Steve and I, so was most likely where we conceived bub number 4.  Steve’s brother, Alan, and his wife, Rose, and three kids Ryan, Carissa and Jazlyn all live in Mackay. Their kids and ours are all fairly close in age to our so have grown up always getting along very well together on the rare occasions that we have managed to holiday together.  We have usually managed to catch up about every 2 years.  This trip was a wonderful opportunity to catch up again, and it coincided with Easter, so there was lots of yummy chocolate to be had as well.


It is interesting really how few photos we seem to have of this early part of our trip.  This was pretty much pre-digital photography for us, so we were still being very conservative about how much film we were prepared to use in our conventional camera.  I can just imagine how many photos we would have had if we were using digital cameras.  At least this way there’s no need to really cull any photos as there are already too few to begin with.


Without any further ado, let’s see what Evan ad to say about his Mackay experience:

Mackay

16/4/07

At Mackay I slept in Ryan’s room.  Me Harry and Ryan like to play with the toy lightsabres. He liked being a baby Jedi.

One day, we went to the goose pond to play tennis with mum.

When I went on the computer I play the games listed below:
command and conquer generals

102 dalmations

101 dalmations

speedy eggbert

fishing

garder

hmmmm, looks like Evan is turning into a list maker.






I really wrote very little about Mackay in my diary.  I stuck a recipe for home made ice cream in it, and made mention of visiting Kinchent Dam. That’s it.  I’m sure Steve and Sarah will have written a much more detailed account of our time in Mackay, I hope so, anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment