Monday 28 April 2014

Getting the thoughts out frees up head space

I have really enjoyed blogging since I started less than six months ago.  I now run three blogs, and my original plan was to blog once a day, that goal has now stretched out to a more modest at least once a week.  I have three different blogs in which to air my thoughts.  That means that this one, my original blog that started everything in the beginning is becoming a little neglected.  My rambling thoughts are building up and I find they are starting to clutter my brain.

You see this has been one of the great things about blogging, it allows me to download my thoughts and essentially get them out of my head.  We all have times when endless thoughts clatter around in our brains and take up space.  They can keep us awake at night and dominate daytime thoughts.  The shower becomes the place of reflection and construction of many a letter of complaint or diatribe about life's injustices.  However if I can manage to transfer the thoughts and opinions from shower (or bed) into my blog I can free my mind and go onto think about and appreciate other things.

This downloading of ideas and thoughts reminds me of the scene from Harry Potter when Dumbledore uses a pensieve to extract his memories and store them for later.  I imagine myself doing the exact same thing when I start blogging.  Putting all these thoughts and memories down so that I can come back later and peruse them at my leisure.

Now all I need is to find the time and the mental space to organise my thoughts and get them written down.  Right now I have had constant interruptions from my 15 month old and I have a niggling sense of guilt that what I really should be doing is the housework or my Tax homework.  Oh how much easier would it be if I could formulate my thoughts in the shower and then physically extract them to the blog via a magic wand like Dumbledore is doing in the picture above.

No comments:

Post a Comment