Tuesday 22 October 2013

Delivering Catalogues

Tried delivering Penny Miller catalogues as a way to make some money for a stay at home mum.

"make up to $200 a week" was the ad.

The literature said 1 hour each on Thursday and Friday to deliver, Two hours each on Monday and Tuesday to pick up.  Then the delivery of the goods will add another couple of hours, works out as a nice hourly rate of at least $20.

Hmmm well that was very optimistic.

Delivery took me about 5-5 and a half hours and I didn't even get them all delivered.  Pickup was quicker than expected.  I thought it would take 11 hours. So far it has taken six hours. I'll need at least another hour tomorrow to pick up some stragglers.

The take up rate is very small of around 240 magazines delivered there were 14 orders. I may pick up another tomorrow, but it doubtful.

Commission plus delivery will net me around $125. So at 12 and half hours, plus another hour and half at least to deliver the goods, the hourly rate is looking more like $9 an hour, and that's being generous.

No comments:

Post a Comment