Tuesday 15 October 2013

Ellie is on the move

Ellie is at that very active age where she has mastered crawling and is desperate to get the hang of walking.  She pulls herself up at every opportunity and likes to let go so she is balancing on her feet. Sometimes she even claps her hands while standing. She has started to cruise around the furniture, using it to get herself to lots of new and interesting places.

With this new found mobility and activeness it is that much harder to get a decent cuddle or snuggle out of her.  That's one really lovely thing about breastfeeding her, she has to stop and snuggle up for a feed. Often she will still wriggle around a bit, but last night was so sweet, she fell asleep in my arms. I was enjoying the opportunity to hold and cuddle a sleeping baby when suddenly I leapt out of my chair,  ouch! 

She still had my nipple in her mouth and in her sleep she had clamped down on it with her few new and very sharp teeth.  It wasn't her fault as she was asleep, well was asleep until I yelped.  The poor thing got quite a rude awakening.

Luckily I was able to swap sides and settle her back to sleep again.  As she was feeding on the second side I thought I could feel one or maybe two top teeth.  She has had her two bottom teeth for 2 months now. We have been waiting for the top two to emerge, and it looks like they have.  All without any stress or fan fare, which is great.

I'm going to enjoy seeing those two teeth grow in, they will make her little face look a bit different.

Meanwhile, I'm going to be very careful I don't get bitten again.  The more teeth there are the more painful it is going to be.

Here's a really good article about breastfeeding and biting
https://www.breastfeeding.asn.au/bfinfo/biting.html

No comments:

Post a Comment