Thursday 21 November 2013

Evony

http://www.evony.com/


It's hard to find time to blog today as I am setting up all of my cities in my Evony accounts.  At long last after years of asking for it, the powers that be, have finally granted us a merge.  I suspect it's a bit late as so many people gave up waiting and have already left the game.  I am practically on my last legs and doubt that I can last much longer.  I just don't seem to have the time required to devote to it anymore.

Life in Evony started about four and a half years ago with just one account.  The kids insisted that I play so that we could set up a family alliance.  Not many weeks into the game, they got sick of it and gave up their accounts to Steve and I.  As time went on I picked up a few other people's accounts as well.  Soon I had at least 10 active accounts and a bunch of in-actives that I could activate if needed. This all took 2 computers for me and 1 for Steve to run. Then Steve quit.

I got left with all my accounts and two laptops dedicated fulltime to running them.  This carried on for a while and the game seemed to gradually lose its attraction as more and more good people left.  Then when Ellie came along I found that I seriously did not have time to play anymore.  Which has been fine because the server was dead with very little to worry about in terms of getting attacked.

That was then. Now we have merged and everything is all lively again.  I don't know for how long, but I can rest assured that come 48 hours time when truce wears off, I'm gonna be faced with a bunch of flashing birdies to deal with and still no time to do anything about them.  I'm interested to see how the new server pans out, but really can't see myself sticking with the game for too much longer.  Perhaps by the new year I might be able to finally kick the habit.  Not bad seeing as I was the last one in the family to join the game and the last one to leave.  I think that the kids will think twice now before inviting me to join them in another online game as I seem to end up being in it for the long haul.

No comments:

Post a Comment