Monday 21 May 2007

Douglas Daly Hot Springs

We left Edith Falls and continued onto Douglas Daly Hot Springs to set up camp again.

While in Edith Falls I did a pregnancy test that I had bought in Katherine to confirm what I already suspected.  Yes I was indeed pregnant! I was slightly excited, but also a bit concerned as it wasn't feeling like the others.  I had a funny feeling in my guts, with the others I didn't particularly have any form of feeling. Unfortunately the feeling was going to get worse, as somewhere along the way I picked up a tummy bug.  I suspect that it may have been from Douglas Daly as we floated and floated in there all day, blissfully happy in the warm temperatures, but also sharing the pool with many others.
In my diary I wrote that [it was an] amazing place. Two streams of water converge into a swimming pool. One stream is hot - 60 degrees Celsius, almost too hot to stand.  The other is a river and cold.  The hot and cold mix together, the pool alternates swirls of hot and cold water.  It is like a hot bath that never goes cold.  The trick is to find the best spot in the pool that suits the temperature that you like your bath to be.
The following day I wrote: [we] checked out downstream but it is not as nice as where we are camped.  Spent most of the day soaking in the pool- it is very addictive and very hard to coax yourself out.


Evan's diary entry is pretty cool:

Douglas Daly (Hot Springs)


Today we're at Douglas Daly Springs. At Douglas Springs we went in where the Douglas River joins onto the spring and it was the best spot in the Northern Territory, full stop. I couldn't get out until I was hungry. 
We went there every time we had a chance.
You just gotta check it out.

I responded to this diary entry by writing: If we didn't get hungry we would probably still be there!

No comments:

Post a Comment