Thursday 24 May 2007

Litchfield National Park

After a last lingering swim at Douglas Daly Hot Spring we peeled ourselves away and travelled to Litchfield.  I don't remember Robin falls, but it is on the way to Litchfield and we have a picture of Harry and Steve there, so I am guessing we stopped there, maybe only Harry and Steve walked up to the falls.
Robin Falls

In Litchfield we set up camp at Florence Falls.  The weather was not as hot here as at Douglas Daly.

On the 23rd of May we looked at Florence Falls from the lookout. We walked the long way to the lower plunge pool through dry Savannah and monsoon rain forests.
We drove to Tolmer Falls and Wangi (pronounced Wong guy).
Litchfield is a very picturesque park, but heaps of tourists too.
We saw a slide show about the park tonite.
Florence Falls, upper and lower




24/5/07

Went on a tour of the magnetic termite mounds and learnt lots of interesting things from the ranger.
Spent the afternoon lounging around the top swimming area above Florence Falls. Steve walked to Buley.  I would have gone too, but I had to supervise the kids playing in the water.

It's not written in the diary, but my tummy started to play up while I was camped here.  Glad that there was a toilet close by as I felt that I had a tummy bug.



Evan wrote about Litchfield too...
I didn't like Litchfield, it had too much that was closed. 
But I suppose the things that were open were all right, like the water holes.  But people were saying you have just got to go there.
But you just got to not go there.
The opposite.

There was a lot of areas in Litchfield that were still closed after the floods.  This made it a little disappointing, particularly as so many people raved about how good the park was.  Many people told us that Litchfield was the pick over it and Kakadu.  As we were to later find out, we far preferred Kakadu to Litchfield.




Wangi Falls

No comments:

Post a Comment